Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting organized; trip planning!

My Facebook Page

Okay, it's Tuesday evening, only one day left. I talked to the folks at the hospital a couple of hours ago; we have all my insurance stuff approved and they are all ready for me. Since I am me, they have all determined that it is necessary to come meet me once I get there; what can I say I'm kind of a big deal.

First my loving girlfriend and I have some more packing to do, and a whole lot of dirty dishes. Her plan is to clean the house while I am gone... If you don't know her, by the way, this is Melody (a.k.a. Mell; see picture, right). She's about as awesome as of a gal as a guy could ever want, if she was perfect I would just get bored with her.

I got my temporary replacement worker all trained up today, she's sharp, I think
she has it on lockdown. It's not like my job is particularly demanding.

Mell is riding up with me tomorrow. She is leaving school about 11:30, and we are going to stop by her parents' to leave one of the cars (I am not keeping one at C-Hill for that long) and then go on to Lexington. We will be up there and checked in just in time for a nice big early hospital supper, lol.

Thanks again to everyone who is tagging along, and I promise to keep you up to speed!

Today's featured question comes from my work buddy, Miss Shanna Doan, the beautiful, funny, smart, erudite, practogenarian, and incredibly hot (did I get all of it?) secretary of my boss' department at the college. Shanna writes,
What type of physical activities will you be doing at Cardinal Hill?
Wonderful question! Well, here is an indication; these guys work at the hospital!


Wow! Ha! I'm just kidding. Those guys really are nuts though, right? What I will be doing is a lot more tame. Exercises like crunches and reaches help with my trunk stability and support, while I will also be doing a lot of stretching and upper-body work. The key, of course, will be standing, which means I'll have to build up a tolerance (it messes with your B.P.)at first to get used to it. I will be standing and walking in parallel bars using my leg braces, and I would love to be able to get around a bit on a walker as well. I may be using equipment such as an electronic stimulation bike or an assisted treadmill.

There we go! I am off for now, grab a quick nap then it is back to the packing. I will post some photos and such once I make it to the hospital tomorrow. Love you all! Private emails ryan@giveandgetguitar.com !

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to leave me feedback? That's swell!