Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm here!

My Facebook Page

Well, after a whole week of building up to it, I finally made it to Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital! I am in the Spinal Cord Unit, room 194 bed 2. My roommate for tonight is a nice guy in his mid-60's called Louis, but he is going home tomorrow, so there is just no telling who will replace him! I got to meet my doctor as well as several of her staff members, and they were really cool; I have also met a whole passel of therapists, case managers, and nurses; this place is pretty cool as far as people are concerned! Louis and I had dinner with a gal named Jessica who is here following a car accident, she seems like a real sweetheart as well. Dinner was actually really good; I had baked cod, mashed potatoes, hush puppies, peaches, and artificial chocolate artificial ice cream. It was way better than what I figured it would be, somehow. My room is a little snug for two people, but I hope not to be around too much; there are activities in the rec room, not to mention my 2 classes. The first one meets tonight.

I am pretty excited about the possibilities from the therapy, and it sounds to me like everyone else here is pretty excited, too. I know that I can pull this off if I work hard and have plenty of moral and prayer support, and hey, that's what you guys are for!

I get my first therapy in the morning. Let me explain to you how this works. When you have an occupational therapy evaluation, what they do is they send a really cute blonde to wake you up and watch you get dressed to make sure you know what you are doing. I'm reminded of Laura back at the Drake Center; one day, she came in, and I was sitting in my wheelchair; she ordered me to get back in bed and get my pants off! I've never moved so fast! Hopefully, a similar incident will occur here...

Okay then. It's time for the Question of the Day. What? Oh. There isn't one. No one asked me anything? Check again! Nope? Geez... okay then, love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to leave me feedback? That's swell!