Friday, October 23, 2009

Countdown to Road Trip

My Facebook Page

Hey there, everyone! thanks to those who have signed up on my facebook page, or those who are following me through my blog at http://crippleguy.blogspot.com/. If you don't have both, it's okay; they are pretty much the same thing.

I moved my contact information to the bottom of this post, so you can find it all there.

In the meantime, I wanted to blow off a little steam! I am so incredibly excited about this whole rehab thing that it isn't even funny! I am training my replacement on Monday, apparently she had my job 3 years or so ago, so it shouldn't be all THAT bad. Mostly, I am just excited about the opportunities that await me at Cardinal Hill, and I kinda like the challenge of carrying 6 hours of Masters'-level credit along for the ride. By committing myself to writing in this blog, I can keep all of you informed and I can keep myself organized! Yay!

Tonight we are starting my laundry, although with most of my dirty clothes being from work this week, most of the stuff I need is already clean. I was recommended to bring sweatpants to wear under my braces and t-shirts. No monkey suit!?! HEAVEN! Mell says I dress like a slob when I 'pretty up' for work anyways, but I think she is just jealous. You k,now I look good, right?

Brandon, Tamara, Melody and I are going to Knoxville tomorrow for some last-minute Halloween shopping. If you hadn't heard already, I was planning to go as Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana, in a denim miniskirt, a tube top, and not much else. The lady at the hospital got a kick out of it, and told me to go ahead! Ha! Talk about scary! I think I may go a bit more tasteful since I'll be in the hospital, though. Boy...Halloween pranks in a hospital? What could I possibly come up with?

The point of the trip is to settle things down a bit, besides just getting some kinds cheap costume (with flair, 'cuz that's how I roll. In my wheelchair.). Plus I am looking forward to coming home physically worn out and financially worn out; we are going to sit down Monday and figure out how much of my time off I could possibly take leave for. I plan to be gone 2-3 weeks based on the estimates I have heard thus far, but I won't know for sure until next Thursday or so.

If you want to send me something at CHRH, this is the address (I have had a lot of folks ask already; please remember, I am not going to be there until Tuesday the 27th of October and I will only be there 2-3 weeks). Address mail to:Ryan Creechc/o Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital
2050 Versailles Road
Lexington, KY 40504

You can also send things to my home address. Mail I don't get at CHRH should be sent along to my house as well, or else it will be returned to you. I am sure Melody will be around to visit me at some point, haha. My home address is:

Ryan
Creech
205 Circle Ave., Apt. 1
Williamsburg, KY 40679

I appreciate your cards and letters, most of all your prayers and support. You can call my cell phone if you want, and leave a voice mail, but please note I plan to keep VERY busy, as I am starting 2 graduate education classes that same week!


Now for the fun part! Each day, I'll answer one email question right out here where others can see! I you mail me and I don't mail ya back, WATCH OUT! It might be you!

This question comes from the Jeecness, who follows us on facebook. She writes, "What does Cardinal hill mean?"

Such profound simplicity! Well, Ms. Cness, I'll tell you what it means....

Cardinal Hill is a physical therapy rehab hospital. It means walking! It also means getting the tar beat out of me and leaving my job for a month or so, lol. I wrote a note explaining the therapy, kinda. Basically it will just be a chance for me to really work on my cripple-bilities!

There you are! Now it's your turn! I'll be back Tuesday morning (or Monday if I can't sleep, lol). Keep those questions coming!

1 comment:

  1. I was just wandering how ofen you wash your feet?Or did they give you the boots to cover up the stinky feet?

    Aunt Beverly

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave me feedback? That's swell!