Saturday, October 16, 2010

Feel Good Post #1

I was going through some papers today and found a notebook where someone had printed off my CarePages records. I had forgotten the thing completely. Basically, my dad created the thing to keep himself sane and keep everyone in the loop on my progress. It really took me back, and showed me how far I've come. I thought maybe I would share a few bits with you from dad's posts and some of the encouraging comments that were left by friends, loved ones, and total strangers...

"This is Ryan's Dad... creating this page for two reasons 1. To keep you informed of Ryan's progress....2. To allow me a way to keep myself from going mad dealing with all this." - Ryan's Dad, 02 June 2007

"Monday brought a few challenges for Ryan....When they got him up to face the day he got a bit light headed and dizzy.....common problems for those with spinal cord injuries. He did sit in his wheelchair for about an hour before calling it a day." - Ryan's Dad, 04 June 2007

"Hello friend!!!! How are you doing today! I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. Take care. I love you!!!" - Liz Risner-Fister, 04 June 2007

"Tuesday..... just talked with my mom, she and my sis in law Paula spent the day with Ryan giving me some time off to get things prepared for his eventual return home. Mom said he had a pretty good day other than a lot of pain in his sternum poor little bugger is still healing too and not gracefully" - Ryan's Dad, 05 June 2007

"Hey Ryan!!I hope you are having a great day today! Just thought you'd like to know that we are getting approximately 9,243.24 phonecalls each day in student services from people who love you and are checking on you!! :) We are thinking of you and praying for you!" - Jordan Patton-Skiles, 05 June 2007

"Tomorrow is going to be a day Ryan has been waiting for. They have promised him a SHOWER. I know its gross but we figured out today he has not had a proper scrubbing since May 21st....that explains the funky smell in his room. Even Elvis was beginning to complain." -Ryan's Dad, 20 June 2007

"FROM THE RYAN!
Special Shoutouts are in order to those who are keeping me off the crummy hospital food:
Grandma Little with pie, pizza, and sex cookies
Grandma Creech with the peanut butter fudge
The Webster clan with Goldfish crackers, soup, Cheezits, and other tasty treats
and most recently...
My ladies at student services, who sent a care package including fudge, cookies, brownies, and some tasty looking bread,
I have lost almost 50 pounds since I got hurt, but you people are going to remedy that..." - Ryan, 23 June 2007
I'll add some more tomorrow. I love you people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to leave me feedback? That's swell!