Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday

My Facebook Page | My Blog

Let me guess, you are excited to see this update, but now you realize it has been a couple of days, right? Yeah, well, sorry... I have been settling into a groove, get it?

I have done a few cool things, they had me playing the Wii in both a standing frame and on the edge of a mat working on my balance. The Wii is neat, although I play it about as well as I play any other video game, so not so great.

I also was on a treadmill the other day in a harness, with the therapists moving my feet. Although it's very weak, my left hip is now working along pretty well. That, my dear friends, is amazing.

I have also been diagnosed with a multiple-resistant bacterial infection in my urinary tract, which means if I pee on you you might get sick, so yanno, don't get too close. The upside is that I no longer have a roomate; also, there is one class of antibiotics that might work that won't kill me, so I am taking those and hoping for the best. Basically, I have built up a tolerance to most of the antibiotics (at least, the oral ones) and now the bacteria are running wild. Lucky me. I am mostly safe, although I have been warned about people with weak immune sytems... hopefully I can get i
t under control by Thanksgiving, or I might have to rethink my plans of traveling North. Shari's lupus is exactly the kind of weakened immune system we are talking about.

Anyhow, besides being an infectious hermit, I am holding up well. Hospital food is still good, soft isolation means I can still do whatever I want in the hospital, and I finally got chapstick. I also got a neat card drawn by cousin Kenny, who also does a Christmas card each year; not too bad for a guy who usually draws motorcycles! Thanks Ohio peoples!

Thanks Georgia people also, I have been munching peanuts. I am also losing weight, not a lot, but a little.

Otherwise, things are clipping along here just fine. It's a lazy Saturday, with no therapy for me today, so I slept in, did some free-weights, and ate a Snickers bar, and am now watching Bruce Willis in 'The Kid'.

Did I forget anything?

1 comment:

  1. You forgot the super awesome cuddly good friends who are keeping your girlfriend sane in your prolonged absence! One of us is a very busy person, y'know! And "some free weights"? Get your butt in the gym and bring home a six pack, Mister!

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave me feedback? That's swell!