Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Roomate is close to death, he just doesn't know it yet...

My Facebook Page | My Blog

Hey everybody! If you are counting on this thing to keep you up to speed, you may have noticed that I haven't posted in a couple of days. I am partly lazy and partly over-medicated, but both should be fixed today. I had quite a bit of therapy over the weekend, which included some time stretching and standing and stretching some more. They have really been pushing me to add some more upper body strength, so I do a lot of weightlifting and such.

Sunday was a lot of fun, I got my therapy switched from afternoon to morning so that I could go out for a bit with Melody and Wannetta. Melody, cute as she may be, is still a bit squeamish when it comes to driving alone in the big city. We went to Old Chicago Pizza, which is located at Hamburg Pavilion in the old Don Pablos' building. It was quite tasty, and it was Chicago style deep-dish kinda tasty, so that made it even better. We had grand plans for shopping, but we were all so stuffed that we just headed back to the hospital.

On Monday I got to walk some more, and it was just as exciting as before. My grandparents from Georgia showed up, but unfortunately they got here a bit too late to see me walk. They got to see me upright in a stander, at least, and Grandpa got recruited to help out on the mat during my OT session. I was glad to see them, but sorry they missed my walking and sorry I didn't have more time to spend with them.

After the grandparents left, I headed out for Bingo, which they play twice a week. Last week I won a cow keychain, this week luck was lost, but we all ahd a pretty good time out of it, anyway.

I got another new roomate yesterday, this one is in his 90's! All night, he kept pushing his call button to call the nurses, and if they didn't come immediately, he'd yell over to me and ask me to push my button as well. He kept wanting to call his son and his daughter to come visit him, but it was the middle of the stinking night! Plus, he kept pushing the button just to have someone tell him the time; I specifically recall 11:25, 11:35, and 11:50. He convinced on of the nurse aides to sit with him for a few minutes, and then wouldn't let her go and got upset when she'd try to leave. Please pray that my lack of sleep last night doesn't lead to a pillow suffocation! I'd hate to have to off another roomate!

Once again, let me say that I appreciate you all in your support. Just knowing you all are concerned is enough to keep me pushing. I love every single one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to leave me feedback? That's swell!