Monday, November 16, 2009

Home Again!

My Facebook Page | My Blog

Well, it's a beautiful Monday morning here in Southeast Kentucky! I got home from Cardinal Hill Friday afternoon, and I must say, I am going to miss the place. It's been cool to be home though; I got to show off by walking for Melody on my walker, I was a big hit at church Sunday, and I have managed to get a few pats on the back here at work today for my efforts.

Next week I have an appointment set up with the PT Pros here in Williamsburg (not my words, that is the name of the place). Folks tell me they are good, which I hope is true, because I am at a point where I would seriously consider doing whatever I have to in order to get good therapy, even if that means moving part time to Lexington to carry on at Cardinal Hill.

Meanwhile, I wanted to post a thank you to all of you out there who have been following me all this time. Your prayers, comments, and support really do motivate me, even beyond my natural cravings for attention, ha ha. I think I posted someplace that when I saw my dad tear up to see me stand for the first time, and take those first steps, that it was worth it.

I am not just going through the work of this therapy for my own sake, but for the sake of everyone who has supported me and touched my life. I hope that one person can see me, and see how hard I've worked, and somehow draw a little bit of hope from it. It isn't that I feel some need to leave a legacy or to make a name for myself, I really want other people who are in a position like mine to know that there is always hope, always a fight. And you know what? It's worth it.

I firmly believe that God has led me to be a messenger, and to use my experience to spread His name and show His glory. I'm not giving up, I am not going to stop living, I am not even slowing down! Yesterday at church, we sang 'How Great is Our God' and it gave me goosebumps all over. He really is great, know what I mean? Anyhow, every time he does an amazing work in my life I know he expects me to pass it forward. Thanks to all of you for standing by me.

And for the record, I am walking soon in a church near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to leave me feedback? That's swell!